7. Cheese Grater Turned Earring Holder: Tired of finding your earrings under your roommate’s bed? Grab some spray paint and an old cheese grater (find one at your college town’s thrift store) and you’ve got yourself a place to put ’em. (via Brit + Co)
11. Rug Turned Headboard: Who’da thunk it? A punchy patterned rug makes the perfect twin bed headboard. (via Apartment Therapy)
3. Paper Punch Frames: With nail holes a no-go, you can forget about hanging all your sweet posters and torn-out Vogue pages in actual frames. Try “framing” your art with colorful paper designs made with a paper puncher. (via Brit + Co)
9. Clipboard Organizing: Get all your term papers off your desk and onto the wall with these clipboards. That way you won’t forget when they’re all due. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite feature in your bedroom? Let us know your dorm decorating tips in the comments!
15. Lofted Bed: An oldie but goodie — loft your bed for extra space below. Now you’ll have enough room for a cozy hangout or study spot underneath. (via Heavy.com)
4. Heavenly Headboard: Give your bed a beautiful facelift with a bright, bold — and in this case, blue — headboard. (via Little Bit Funky)
6. Pile on the Pillows: Even though dorm rooms usually only feature twin beds, that’s no excuse to skimp on pillows. It’ll give the illusion of a bigger bunk, plus you’ll feel like you’re laying on a cloud. Who can say no to that? (via Evtiel + Abardis)
7. Double Duty: It’s no secret that dorm rooms lack in space. So why not make your storage super functional? This guy has wheels so it can go just about anywhere. Use it as a table, a seat, you name it! We love its rustic chic style, too. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Dorm Bed Canopy: Safari style for the dorm? Yes, please! Plus? A canopy provides a little bit of privacy when you’re getting some zzz’s. (via Apartment Therapy)
1. Geometric Wall Hanging: Painting the walls obviously isn’t going to fly in a dorm. Try making your own giant geometric wall hanging to liven up your space instead. (via Design Sponge)
2. Foot Patrol: Give you stems a stylish place to rest when you’re lounging in your dorm room. Bonus: These cozy foot stools double as seats for when you have company over. (via HGTV)
17. Shoe Storage: You’ll never go back to dumping your stilettos in your closet after you see this storage idea. If you’re able to nail things to the wall, hang up moldings to show off those pumps. It’s functional and it’s pretty. (via Lowes)
Tavira Allure College Dorm Headboard – White with Silver Crystal Border
You probably know how strongly we feel about a well-decorated bedroom — it’s hard to sleep when you know your room’s an eye-sore. Well, friends, dorm rooms are no different. Just because you’re living in a tiny space for a few months, doesn’t mean you can’t express your style from floor to ceiling. To help you and your new roomie out, we’re sharing the very best ways to trick out your temporary digs. From savvy storage solutions to cute-as-can-be wall art, here are 17 amazing ways to decorate your dorm.
10. Braided Bag: Forget the mass-produced laundry bags that stifle any and all personality — here’s a DIY for a custom-made, personality-filled and super useful laundry tote you can be proud of. (via Blogging Corner Blog)
16. Bulletin Basics: We don’t need to tell you (again) how limited space is in a dorm room. Which is why doubling up on functionality is crucial. This bulletin board serves as a headboard and a place to stash notes, jewelry and special mementos. (via HGTV)
You are here:Home > Decor College Dorm Decor – Dorm Decorations
The fun part of college life is imagining all your dorm decorating ideas and putting them together to create your new home away from home. From cute dorm room decor and funny college posters to peel & stick wall decor and cheap dorm decorating ideas, DormCo has it all! Our dorm store is all about college dorm supplies and what’s a college dorm checklist without Dorm Room Decor?! When planning your dorm decorating ideas you can often choose cheap dorm decor and still make your new college room look great. The key to shopping for decorations for dorms is to have fun – enjoy it!
5. Washi Tape Wall: Don’t put that washi tape down yet; tackle a bare dorm wall with a way-cool washi tape installation. (via Brit + Co)
10. Out-of-The-Box Cork Board: A cork board is a dorm essential. Save big and inject big style by using cork trivets (like the kind you can find at Ikea) as a cork board instead. (via Ikea)
12. Fun Pom Pom Rug: Protect your dorm floor from Solo Cup spillage with this fun DIY pompom rug. Make a few extras and use them as a wall hanging and a table covering! (via Brit + Co)
6. Macrame Wall Hanging: Another bland band poster alternative? This colorful and unique macrame wall hanging. Make color-coordinating versions with your roommate for some major bonding time. (via Brit + Co)
Tavira Allure College Dorm Headboard – Glacier Gray with Silver Crystal Border
Despite the parties (!) and no classes ’til 11 am (!), there’s nothing that makes college life lose its luster faster than a living space that’s approximately 9 feet by 8 feet with a “no holes in the wall” policy. But dorm decorating doesn’t have to be limited to a taped-up One Direction poster and a pile of socks in the corner. These 15 dorm decorating ideas pack some major personality in a small space (and on a small budget). But good luck getting to class on time… you’ll never want to leave your cozy room when it’s this tricked out.
2. Dixie Cup Lights: Hanging twinkle lights are a dorm room staple. Change it up with this cute Dixie Cup version. (via Hey Gorg)
32 per page 64 per page 128 per page 192 per page 320 per page Page of 67
5. Storage Surplus: How could anyone need more storage in this room? Savvy, stylish and custom-made boxes fill up otherwise unused space under these two dorm room beds. (via Terri Puma Design)
4. Washi Tape Frames: Even easier than paper punching? Washi tape-ing! Try framing prints and posters with colorful washi tape. (via Design Sponge)
1. Pillows That Pop: The easiest and fastest way to customize a dorm room futon or bed: Pillows galore! (via Brit + Co)
9. Frame Fun: Spruce up wall art with fantastically fun tape frames! Washi tape is the best dorm room decoration you can find because it’s easy to use (and removable) and comes in a variety of colors and prints. You can pick up some of our faves right here in the B+C Shop. (via Pretty Little Lady Designs)
Tavira Allure College Dorm Headboard – Alloy with Silver Crystal Border
How your dorm looks is just as important as the dorm essentials that make dorm life possible. DormCo has plenty of dorm decor decoration ideas and tips for making your dorm room enjoyable. How your college room looks is important and getting the college supplies needed to turn your bare walls into a space that feels like home is an essential part of college life.
From hanging your photos to Peel N Stick dorm wall art, there are lots of college products for your college room decor.
13. Colorful Power Cords: Brighten up all your cords with a bit of washi tape here and there. (via Design Love Fest)
How will you style your dorm space? Share your tips with us in the comments below!
8. Map Out Your Style: Who says you can’t have a statement wall in your small quarters? This map is not only eye-catching, but it’s also super inspiring. Dream big! (via Meredith MCG)
14. Gorgeous Geometric: These anything-but-basic boxes are just what you need to take your dorm from drab to fab… and they add lots of storage, too. (via Homes)
15. Plants, Please: These sweet succulents will keep you from feeling boxed into your dorm room and add just a touch of the outside world to an otherwise templated space. (via HGTV)
14. Handy Wall Organizer: Free up some space off of your puny desk by making your own wall organizing. (via Brit + Co)
12. Dresser Revamp ($149): This totally killer chest of drawers (from IKEA!) is inspiring a DIY moment for your new pad. If your dresser isn’t provided for you, pick up a wooden piece like this one and go at it with spray paint, Sharpies or washi tape. If you’re on a budget, peruse eBay, Craigslist or garage sales for a steal-of-a-deal furniture piece to use as your blank canvas. (via IKEA)
13. Temporary Wall Art: Nothing’s worse than fully decorating a room, just to move out a few months later. That’s why we love this confetti wall so much! It’s easy to put up, take down and bring with you to your next room. (via Wee Birdy)
3. Simple Solution: Store you stuff and add some flair at the very same time. Fill up blank frames with your statement pieces, then just grab and go when you need ’em. (via Brit + Co)
11. Bright Idea: Light up your room and add a touch of personality at the same time with a large, lit-up initial. This easy DIY tutorial will show ya how. (via Grey Likes Nesting)